The REY Program (Resilient Empowered Youth) is an early intervention and prevention program for at-risk youth in Humboldt County. Our program offers Social-Emotional Learning curriculums, , recreational and enrichment activities, agriculture education and career exploration opportunities.
- Empowering Youth with the Concepts of Personal Responsibility and Resilience.
- Cultivating Healthy Self-Concept
- Defining their Value System.
- Developing Healthy Communication skills
- Developing Relationship and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Contributing 0ur Produce to those in Need within our Community
- Learn about our Pollinators role in agriculture
- Learning about the Soil Food Web-Soil Regeneration through Soil Carbon Sequestration.
- Learning about Nutrient Density in Food and How Food is used as Medicine.
- Independent Living Skills Education.
- Collaborating with Local Businesses, Higher Education Institutions and Fellow Non-Profit Organizations to Explore Careers and Support Other Community Projects.
What do we offer?
Address: 510 3rd Street- 1st floor, Eureka, CA, 95501
Trainers: Rose Baker, Catherine Fode
Founded in 2006 by foster parent and youth advocate Rose Baker, we provide structured support, inclusivity, and meaningful connection to promote education, training, and self-empowerment for low-income youth and young adults, including those emancipating out of foster care.
This program combines paid retail work training, life skills, confidence building, job search assistance, and community engagement.
Who is able to participate?
Disadvantaged youth and young adults, ages 16-24, with histories of abuse, domestic violence, drug use, juvenile detention, homelessness, and foster care.
Address: 1309 11th St suite 110, Arcata, CA 95521
Monday 11 AM–6 PM
Tuesday 10 AM–6 PM
Wednesday 10 AM–6 PM
Thursday 10 AM–6 PM
Friday 10 AM–6 PM
Saturday 10 AM–6 PM
Sunday 11 AM–6 PM
Trainers: Program Director Shannon Hardin
If you are interested in participating in these programs, leave us your contact information and we will contact you as soon as possible.