Rose has built her life around helping children and families. Rose has been a Certified Love and Logic Facilitator since 1992 and has trained thousands of parents and professionals, Rose is a tireless advocate for families, children, foster and adoptive parents.
ROSE E. BAKER BIO
Rose Baker with her husband Pete Baker is a biological mother of 1, adoptive mother of 5, grandmother of over 150, and a foster parent of over 500 children and teenagers and continues to open her heart and home to foster children.
Dedicating her life to helping children and youth, Rose began foster parenting in 1982. In the ensuing decades, she has been tireless in finding the education, resources and energy to assist children, parents, and social services in Humboldt County and throughout the state. The children and youth Rose work with are the most difficult. She specializes in children of abuse and neglect, foster kids with multiple placements and failed adoptions, children with multiple diagnoses, and especially children whom others have not been able to help.
Rose works with educators, managers, mental health and health care providers, lawyers, probation officers, police, clergy, government officials, and individual families. Her life centers around getting the kids what they need to grow, heal and prosper.
She has collaborated with such luminaries in parenting and child psychology as Jim Fay, co-creator of the popular parenting system Love and Logic and Nancy Thomas, author of When Love Is Not Enough, Bryan Post Author of the Great Behavior Breakdown and From fear to Love. Rose frequently travels to Foster and Adoptive Parents’ conferences and conventions, always advocating for youth and for the legislation that will provide much-needed funds and services.
• YouthAbility, Inc., Founder and Executive Director. This nonprofit provides job training to at-risk youth. Started in 2006, the organization owns and operates Angels of Hope Thrift Store in Arcata and The Vance Café and North town Dogs, in Eureka as a training facility for youth and young adults emancipating from foster care and from low- or no-income lifestyles. Every year approximately 150 youth, young adults and others are referred to YouthAbility Inc. from Humboldt County programs, Independent Living Skills, Welfare-to-Work, Step-Up, and from Humboldt County courts.
• Parents in Training, Inc., Founder and Executive Director. Parents in Training Inc. provides Love and Logic parenting classes and consulting for parents raising difficult children. As a Certified Love and Logic Instructor since 1992, Rose has trained thousands of parents and professionals. Parents in Training Inc. receives referrals from the Humboldt County courts.
• Humboldt County Post Adoptions In-Home Behavioral Specialist
• Humboldt County Juvenile Justice Commissioner, since 2007
• President of the New Directions of Humboldt Foster Parent Association, since 2004-2015
• Alcohol and Other Drug Care Services, Inc., Board Member since 2007
• Pacific View Charter School, Board Member since 2005
• Co-author of Advanced Parenting a Difficult Child, with Nancy Thomas, nationally recognized parenting authority
• An ‘Elite Mom’ - one of seven in the U.S., highly specialized parent mentor/consultants for emotionally disturbed children
• California State Foster Parent of the Year, 2000
• Humboldt County Peacemaker Award, 2002
• Torch Award, 2010, honors community members who embody heart, courage and inspiration in life and work
• League of Women Voters, Humboldt County, Youth Advocate of the Year, 2010
• Sterling Registry Award Recognizing Her Dedication & Humanitarian contributions in child Mental Health and Welfare, 2014
• State Farm Good Neighbor Award 2016
Rose can be reached at 707 496-6070.
Develop more confidence as a parent, staying calm in stressful situations
End power struggles, Provide appropriate choices in order to share the control
Equal shares of Empathy and natural consequence.
Provide Choices through shared thinking and decision making-Guiding children as they solve their own problems
Limits using "thinking words"
Enforceable Statements "How to turn your words to gold".
Maintain the child’s self concept leaving your children feeling great about themselves Preparing children for the real world, raising responsible children
And much much more.......
OUR FACILITATORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND STAFF ARE UNITED IN THEIR BELIEF THAT ALL CHILDREN respond well when treated with love and logic. PARENTS IN TRAINING OFFERS COURT APPROVED PARENTING CLASSES, AS WELL AS PROGRAMS SPECIALIZED FOR EDUCATORS AND SOCIAL WORK PROFESSIONALS , FOSTER AND ADOPTIVE PARENTS
People learn almost all things by modeling. Therefore, it is only the parents who put themselves first, in a good way, which will raise children who will put themselves first. This extremely important rule is learned at the beginning of the second year of life and will come to fruition in the way the adolescent handles his peer relationships later.
Parents want to raise children who think for themselves. Parents want children who are immune to peer pressure and who will always, in a good way, think for themselves and wonder, “is this good for me?” "I WONDER HOW MY NEXT CHOICE WILL EFFECT MY LIFE" ESPECIALLY IN CIRCUMSTANCES when others start barraging them with detrimental information about alcohol or drugs...
The child will identify with this wise parent... On the other hand, a parent who says “I always did everything for my children,” and always put himself last, will raise children who will have poor self-images and who always put themselves last. (Excerpt from Love and Logic parent reading The Primary Rule of Good Parenting by Foster W. Cline, M.D.
Copyright © Personal Blog MP Template - All Rights Reserved.